Under the direct supervision of the Crew Chief and the Survey Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the Crew Chief with daily operations including; Boundary, Topographic and As-built Surveys, and Construction Layout.
Employees in this position are expected to safeguard and maintain precision equipment and work vehicles as well as insuring that needed supplies are available.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- 0-5 years of experience in land surveying.
- Minimum knowledge of land surveying practices and techniques.
- Working knowledge of modern survey devices and modern survey methods.
- Working knowledge of Leica & Geomax robotic instruments, GPS and data collectors is a plus
- Work requires using a machete, shovel, sledgehammer or other appropriate tools.
- Physical ability to work in a variety of challenging outdoor environments and conditions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with project managers, subordinates, related personnel and limited contact with the general public.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate. Successful candidate must pass a drug screen, background check, and hold a valid driver’s license.
Salary is locally competitive. Travis Pruitt & Associates provides an excellent benefits package including; Employer paid medical insurance, dental insurance & life insurance. Long-term and short-term disability, supplemental life, flex plan and 401k plan.
Travis Pruitt & Associates is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.